My only regret about starting a blog: I wish I had done it sooner. It opens so many income opportunities. And come on! It's 2020! Not having a website is almost like a disability nowadays. Everyone needs their little corner of the Internet. The good news is it's never too late to start a blog. If you work hard on it, and if you're consistent with your efforts, you will be able to monetize it in no time.
Why you need a blog in 2020:
- Golden days on Instagram are over. The new cruel algorithm makes Instagram a complete waste of time. Never have I put so much energy, money, and time into something with absolutely zero results. Yes, I gave up on Instagram as it's become a platform favouring endless commenting over actually talented content creators. Bland, mediocre content accounts are growing much faster than actual photographers. Why? Only because they spend most of their day mindlessly commenting under thousands of photos just to please this stupid algorithm. If you think this is retarded, you're not the only one. But it's not time to wallow in self-pity and complain about how unfair life is. It's time to roll up your sleeves and start a blog! You'll have your corner of the Internet, and you'll have total control over it (as opposed to your Instagram account. You never know, Instagram might decide to delete your account just because they feel like it). So I wouldn't rely on social media platforms too much in 2020. It's time to build something 100% yours from scratch. Yes, it's a lot of work, and it may seem overwhelming at times, but it will be so worth it. Hard work does pay off.
- It's a great investment and a fantastic passive income source. You will able to monetize your blog with ads and affiliate marketing while you're lying on the beach. Or at least on your sofa. You will get paid for doing what you love. You can blog about anything you're passionate about!
- Blogging is location independent. You'll be able to blog from anywhere you want, from home, on the train, or while you're exploring a new country. All you need is a laptop and access to the Internet.
- You can do it 100% on your time, whenever you feel like it. It's so flexible. You're able to choose your own hours. Finish that blog post when you can't sleep at 3:00 AM or after a school run when you can finally enjoy a minute of peace!
- You will learn a ton of new useful and life-changing skills, and it will give you great self-growth opportunities. You will overcome your fears and self-doubt. You'll improve your writing, photography, learn videography, social media platform strategies, and web design. These are just a few to start with. Once you figure all these out and become an expert, you can start offering your social media marketing services, for example. You won't believe how many great income opportunities will come to you and all because one day, you decided to start a blog!
So I hope I convinced you and you can't wait to start a blog now! I'm going to walk you through it.
Anyone can make money with a blog. You can start as soon as you publish your first post! Setting up a website has never been easier, so you literally have no excuses!
Click here to start your WordPress blog with Bluehost. It will literally take you only 5 minutes. Why a self-hosted WordPress blog? If you want to take blogging seriously and if you want to be able to start monetizing your website as soon possible, a self-hosted WordPress blog is the only option. All established full-time bloggers use WordPress. With WordPress you'll have full control over your website. There are thousands of different themes to choose from, and you'll definitely be able to find something that suits your style and needs. And thanks to plugins, you'll be able to turn your WordPress blog into your perfect corner of the Internet.
I've chosen Bluehost for my WordPress blog for so many reasons. Bluehost is one of the most popular web hosting companies in 2020. If you do your research, you'll find out that 99% of successful bloggers are using Bluehost. So it really is no brainer. Just follow the ones who already succeeded!
Bluehost offers the best value for money. If you sign up using my link, you'll be able to start your blog for as low as $3.95 a month and you'll get a free .com domain for 12 months. If you want an even better deal, you can choose a 36-month plan. You'll save a lot of money as your monthly rate will be even lower in the long run.
Another reason I love Bluehost so much is their amazing technical support and how easy they make it to set up a website. You will be able to start your WordPress blog with literally one click.
Now follow this step-by-step tutorial, and by the time you'll finish reading this, you'll have your blog up and running!
2. Select the best plan. The best value would be purchasing a 36-month plan, as your monthly rate is much lower. Start with the basic plan. You can always upgrade (by just paying the price difference), if your blog grows quickly and there's a need for it.
3. Set up your .com domain. Don't stress over your website name too much. If you don't have any brilliant ideas, you can always just use your name, like I did. Content is more important than a name anyway.
4. Enter account information.
5. Remember to select the 36-month plan for the best pricing. But if you prefer to commit to 12 months only, that's totally cool.
6. Create your new password.
7. Congratulations! You have a website now! Login to get started.
8. Install your WordPress blog with just one click.
9. Now pick a theme that suits your needs. You'll be able to change it later thousands of times. We all do it, so don't worry about it!
10. You are officially a blogger. Well done! Time to write your first blog post.