This Indian-inspired roasted tandoori cauliflower (tandoori gobi) makes a perfect vegan side dish or healthy, low-carb appetizer. Cauliflower cut into florets or steaks is marinated with Indian spices, vegan yoghurt and herbs. Oven-baked to perfection, this tandoori cauliflower is golden crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. Serve this smoky and spicy roasted cauliflower with a garlicky yoghurt dip and garnish with fresh coriander and pomegranate seeds for a healthy, gluten-free Indian-inspired bbq side dish. This roasted tandoori cauliflower is healthy and gluten-free yet it's so delicious, flavourful and satisfying. This tandoori gobi is also a low-fat, low-carb, paleo and keto-friendly recipe.
- 1 medium cauliflower
- for tandoori marinade:
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 and 1/2 tbsp plain soya yogurt
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp dry methi leaf (optional but I wouldn't skip)
- 1/3 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt to taste (1/2 - 1 tsp)
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- for yogurt dip:
- 1 cup plain unsweetened soya yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 handful fresh chopped mint
- salt to taste
- for garnish:
- a handful of fresh chopped coriander
- chilli flakes
- pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Crush garlic and ginger with a garlic press. Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl. Add oil at the end.
- Break the cauliflower into smaller florets and coat them with marinade.
- Ideally, let them sit overnight in the fridge or at least for 4-6 hours.
- Ok now we're roasting! Spread the cauliflower evenly on a baking tray lined with kitchen foil. Roast for 25-30 minutes on 180 degrees C tossing halfway through.
- To make the yogurt dip press garlic with a garlic press and simply combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve your cauliflower garnished with fresh coriander and with the yogurt dip on the side.
- This makes a perfect starter/ snack or light lunch. Let me know what you think!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: cauliflower, indian food, roasted cauliflower, tandoori, vegan