This vegan Thai yellow curry soup with tempeh and black rice noodles is a quick and easy comfort food idea. In this vegan and gluten-free recipe, we're going to use a store-bought vegan yellow Thai curry paste to save a lot of time and hassle - because a quick, fuss-free midweek dinner is what we want here. This vegan Thai yellow curry noodle soup is a delicious, warming and comforting recipe - perfect comfort food after a long day at work but it makes an amazing lunch as well. Jam-packed with flavour and high in protein tempeh, this creamy and fragrant soup is a colourful medley of healthy, nutritious vegetables. Feel free to customize this recipe with whatever veggies are crying for your attention in the fridge. You can also swap tempeh with tofu if that's your preference. This comforting wholesome soup full of different colours and textures will definitely liven up your evening. It's bursting with flavour and veggies, it's easy on the wallet and it's so easy to put together. I can guarantee you that this vegan Thai yellow curry noodle soup will be soon your next staple dish.
Oh look, it's another bowl of noodle soup. I'm very predictable. Yes, it is no secret I am obsessed with Thai noodle soups, especially. This time I went for Thai yellow curry noodle paste and to make this soup even more fun I decided to make it with black soba noodles and tempeh. Maybe it's not 100% authentic, but I can assure you these black soba noodles will look so gorgeous drowning in that bowl of yellow creamy, coconutty goodness. And instead of tofu, I decided to use tempeh this time. It was a great decision, and I definitely need to add tempeh to my soups more often.
So I hope you will enjoy this noodle soup insanity! Don't forget about all the toppings, they make this soup so much fun!
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED TO MAKE THIS VEGAN THAI YELLOW CURRY NOODLE SOUP
- garlic cloves
- fresh ginger
- vegan Thai yellow curry paste
- vegetable stock cubes
- creamed coconut
- coconut sugar
- Himalayan salt
- lime juice
- red bell pepper
- sweet potato
- tender stem broccoli
- baby corn
- pak choi
- black rice noodles
- fresh coriander
- red Thai chillies
- spring onions
- black sesame seeds
- white sesame seeds
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN THAI YELLOW CURRY NOODLE SOUP
- Chop the onion and tomato, crush the ginger and garlic.
- Sauté them in coconut oil, add the Thai yellow curry paste.
- Sauté for 5-7 minutes, add coconut milk.
- Blend with a soup blender or in a high-speed blender.
- Add the veggie broth, 2 tbsp lime juice, coconut aminos (or tamari) and coconut sugar. Add sweet potato chopped in pieces, cook on a low light for 5 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper cut in long strips. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tender stem broccoli and baby corns.
- Cut tempeh in slices. Sautée the tempeh with tamari and coconut sugar and a bit of water, until golden brown. You can add some oil or not, it’s up to you.
- Prepare black rice noodles according to the instructions from the packaging.
- It’s ready! Serve with black rice noodles and fried tempeh slices. Top with chopped coriander, red chillies, chives, spring onions and sesame seeds.
For the full ingredient list, exact measurements, complete recipe method, please scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom.
OTHER VEGAN NOODLE SOUP RECIPES YOU WILL LOVE:
Vegan Thai green curry noodle soup - this Thai green curry noodle soup is like a game - the rules are: add as many green veggies as possible. Wanna play?
Vegan Thai red curry noodle soup - do you know what's better than a bowl of Thai red curry? A bowl of Thai red curry noodle soup, of course!
Vegan kimchi ramen - any fans of Korean flavours here?
Spicy miso ginger vegetable soup with black soba noodles - the most delicious immune booster.
Vegan Pho - amazingly warming and fragrant Vietnamese noodle soup. Did you know that Pho is a breakfast food? I enjoy this amazing Vietnamese delight any time of the day though.